Assessment at NWC
General Education Outcomes
- Isolate a pertinent question or problem.
- Identify appropriate problem-solving strategies.
- Use mathematical approaches when warranted.
- Access and evaluate data effectively and efficiently.
- Draw warranted, logical conclusions.
- Present convincing evidence to support conclusions.
Multiple Points of View
- Identify differences in the attitudes, values, core beliefs, data and/or assumptions that shape multiple points of view in relation to a particular problem, project, or topic (e.g., alternative theories or theorists, competing models, different modes of representation, dynamics of differences in culture, ethnicity, national origin, gender, economic status, generational association, and other social issues).
- Integrate this recognition of multiple points of view in a variety of academic tasks.
- Articulate multiple points of view through writing and speaking.
- Compose messages for oral communication that utilize standards of organization, analysis, and adapt to various audiences.
- Display effective oral presentation techniques.
- Demonstrate active listening techniques including feedback, demonstrating appropriate audience behavior, and identifying main ideas in a spoken message.
- Produce informative, analytical, and critical prose to respond a particular task or audience.
- Produce writing that conforms to discipline-specific conventions.
- Use appropriate research skills in at least one substantial writing assignment.
- Observe the conventions of standard written English.
Information and Technology Literacy
- Apply appropriate technological resources to a specific task.
- Utilize technological equipment connected to their area of specialization.
- Access and evaluate print and electronic information effectively and efficiently to address a particular problem, project, or activity.
- Demonstrate and apply an understanding of many of the legal, ethical, and educational issues surrounding access to and the use of information.
Vice President of Academic Affairs