Assessment at NWC
Central Assessment Team (CAT)
Structure and Function
Assumption:Accreditation is essential for Northwest College. Northwest College will be in the top category of accreditation.
- Interested and committed faculty from across academic divisions.
- Internal peer review for all-college, general education, and program-level assessment of student learning outcomes. Review and approve learning outcomes and proposals for assessment of learning outcomes at each level.
- Clearing house for assessment of student learning data and analysis. Review data and analysis of all levels of assessment. Distribute results to stakeholders. Suggest or request action on results.
- Plan professional development activities related to assessment.
- Promote, support, and encourage assessment work among colleagues and across the college.
Institutional Research Office Function as it relates to CAT
- Warehouse assessment of student-learning data
- Conduct analysis as requested
- Prepare assessment of student learning reports for publication
- Serve as internal consultant to programs and the Central Assessment Team
Curriculum Committee Function as it relates to CAT
- Review course requests for assessment plan
- Work with Central Assessment Team in assessment of general education outcomes
Academic Advisory Council Function as it relates to CAT
- Support and encourage the work of the Central Assessment Team
- Promote the importance and value of assessment of student learni
- ng at all levels
- Review reports from the Central Assessment Team and programs in considering priorities for resource allocation in the Action Resource Planning (ARP)
President’s Advisory Council Function as it relates to CAT
- Review reports on assessment of student learning from the Central Assessment Team
- Consider student-learning assessment evidence in resource allocation decisions
Vice President of Academic Affairs