Academic & Career Advising Center
Try it Out
After identifying a career choice, find a way to experience what it is like to actually work in that field.
- Talk to academic advisors and instructors in that field to discover if there are current or summer job openings that you might be eligible for.
- Investigate internships and/or cooperative-learning work experience opportunities.
- Visit the Financial Aid office to inquire about work study jobs available on campus in your desired field.
- Work in the community to set up informational interviews.
- Networking: Plan to connect with friends, neighbors, community professionals, and mentors.
- Researching Employers: Prior to a job interview make sure you have spent time researching the company and position you are applying for.
Find some way to experience what the career is really like to find out if it's what you want to pursue.
Academic & Career Advising Coordinator
Office: ORB 101A