NWC Summer Bridge Program in Mathematics
The Summer Bridge Program is an intensive two-week residential program on the Northwest College campus prior to the beginning of fall classes. The goal of this program is to work directly with selected students who are almost college-ready in terms of mathematics and prepare them for the successful completion of a college level mathematics course during the fall semester.
Interest students may apply for admission to this program provided they meet the criteria of an ACT score of at least 22 and a COMPASS score in the range of 60-65. If accepted the Bridge Program offers the following:
- A two week residential program that offers an intensive review of math to increase your placement score
- Orientation to the Northwest College campus and surrounding area
- Meeting other students that are in your same position
- Meeting faculty from the NWC mathematics department that can serve you as advisors/mentors
- Increase your college ready skills in studying, note taking, research, etc.
View Program Brochure (PDF) (Please note that the Program Cost in the brochure has been waived, so participants will have no out-of-pocket expenses for this program.)
Need assistance in improving your Compass score? All links below will open in a new window. The first three links are to ACT, the company who oversees Compass testing; the final two links are to commercial sites that provide study guides and other test preparation for the Compass tests.
- Placement Information (ACT.org)
- Sample Test Questions - Basic (ACT.org)
- Sample Test Questions - Expanded PDF (ACT.org)
- Calculator Guidelines (ACT.org)
- Compass Test Study Guide (MyCompassTest.com)
- Compass Test Preparations and Practice Tests (TestPrepReview.com)
If you are interested in more information, please contact one of the following NWC math faculty and Bridge Program leaders:
Don Anderson (email@example.com)
Martin Stensing (firstname.lastname@example.org)