Current International Students
Graduation & Transfer Information
An Associate's degree is awarded upon completion of 64 credit hours, which usually takes two years or four semesters. Students who arrive needing extra help in English, math, reading, or writing should expect to spend five to six semesters (2½ to 3 years) completing their degree.
When you are ready to transfer to another institution, we will work with you to find the right place and to make sure that your application is complete. Successful transfer depends on careful research, your academic record, strong letters of recommendation, and your financial resources. Make sure your Academic Adviser is aware of your plans and is kept informed of any changes in your long-term goals.
NWC provides resources and support to students planning to transfer to a 4-year university/college. For more comprehensive information, visit the Transfer Planning Website.
Northwest College international students have transferred to colleges and universities all over the United States and Canada, institutions such as:
- Arizona State University
- Brigham Young University
- Brooks Institute of Photography
- Colorado College
- Columbus School of Design
- Cornell University
- Florida Gulf Coast University
- Humboldt State University
- Idaho State University
- Indiana University
- Michigan State University
- Portland Art Institute
- Rutgers-The State University of New Jersey
- South Dakota State School of Mines and Technology
- Southern Methodist University
- State University of New York
- Texas Christian University
- Universities of Toronto and British Columbia
- University of California at Berkeley
- University of California at Los Angeles
- University of Montana
- University of Utah
- University of Wyoming
- Washington State University
- and many others. Northwest also has a growing list of 4-year institutions with whom we have articulation agreements. For more information...
An Associate's Degree at Northwest College
+ 2 years at a transfer University