Campus Map  |   Directory  |   Calendar  |   News  |   Jobs  |   A-Z Index  |   Apply to NWC

Your future, our focus

Northwest College

Hinckley Library

Search Instructor's Reserves

What reserve do I need?

  • Search Course Reserves by instructor or course on the library's Course Reserves search page in the library's catalog WYLDCAT (or follow Course Reserves link from within the catalog).
  • Ask us! -- Visit the Circulation Counter

How do I search reserves?

Instructor's reserves may be located by instructor's name, course ID number (i.e. ENGL 1010), and course name (i.e. Introduction to Composition). From the Library Catalog (WYLDCAT) select the Course Reserves link. In the search box type in the instructor's name, course ID or course name.

  • In the Search for text box type in Koelling. Select Look up Items on Reserve by Instructor.

  • Select Koelling Deborah-NWC Reserves from the list. Note: Hinckley Library reserves are identified as NWC Reserves. Other Wyoming colleges are listed as well.

  • Select Koelling's course Introduction to Composition ENGL 1010 - NWC

  • Note that there is a reserve item numbered RES 885 Short guide to college writing that is available for a two hour checkout (Available 2H-COL-1 checkout).

  • Under Full Details you will find item information that will state if the item is available or checked out by another student. Under Catalog Record additional details are given including publication information and subject headings (what the item is about), if available.

  • You may check out and borrow this item from the circulation counter.

If you are in the library and already know the reserve you need, just ask at the circulation counter and we will check the item out to you. You will need your library card to use the reserve item.

What are reserves?

Reserves are instructor-selected items specific for your course. Items may include the instructor's personal books, library material, lecture notes, journal articles, videos, etc. These items are "reserved," only available to students enrolled in a course instead of the general public.

Where are reserves located & how long may I keep them?

Reserve items are housed behind the circulation counter. Please ask at the circulation counter to borrow them. Checkout periods for reserves are variable. Most reserves are checked out for two hours and must be used in the library. A few are allowed to leave the library overnight or over a weekend. You will need your library card to use the reserve item.
Northwest College
Northwest College

© Northwest College | 231 West 6th Street | Powell, Wyoming, 82435 | 800.560.4692