Students, faculty, staff, and the community may reserve library rooms and equipment by contacting the library
- Class instruction and NWC programs/meetings take precedence.
- When reserving a room, please include your name, phone number, purpose/organization, and date/time.
- Wireless access is available throughout the library building.
Only registered NWC students have wireless access for their own personal laptops. Other library users may checkout a wireless PC for in-library use at the front desk.
Rooms or areas that may be reserved
- Amphitheater (seats 80 and is located in the library lobby)
- Taggart Room (living room furniture & chairs to seat 10 to 20). Restriction - Absolutely no food or drink, including water, is allowed.
- Seminar Room (meeting table to seat 12; whiteboards & markers, VCR/DVD/TV available)
|Library Room Use Policy|
|Eight Group Study Rooms
||First-come, first-served basis for students; never reserved for any purpose. Groups of two or more students take precedence over single students.
|Library Instruction Classroom
||Scheduled for library instruction sessions only; not part of the campus room schedule system. When not scheduled for library instruction sessions, will be an open computer lab for student use.
||Scheduled through central campus scheduling and Nancy Miller/Susan Richards; may be used only when the library is open. Holds 10-15 persons; no food or drink.|
|Library Seminar Room
||Scheduled through central campus scheduling and Nancy Miller/Susan Richards; holds 10-15 persons. Has white board and conference table.
||Scheduled through central campus scheduling and Nancy Miller/Susan Richards.|
|Library rooms, including pre-scheduled events, may only be used when the library is open. |
|All other spaces in the library are non-reservable.|
|This policy will be reviewed annually by the Library Committee.|
|5/6/2011, reviewed by Library Committee|
Equipment that may be reserved or checked out
- Projector Screen (may be used on campus)
- Overhead Projector (projects transparencies; may be used on campus)
- Portable Cassette Tape Recorders (may be used off campus)
- VCR/DVD/TV units (in-library use only; also reserve a viewing room)
- Hand-held Math Calculators (loaned for semester; user provides batteries--Fraction, Trig (TI-30X), graphing TI-82 - 84+ -- first-come, first-serve)
- Personal-use PC Laptops (2 hour checkout to use within the library -- first-come, first-serve)
Other equipment & services available but not reservable
- Headphones - some with microphones
- Microform Readers & Printer (microfiche & microfilm)
- MAC Computers (MyNWC, email, library, course-specific software, University of Wyoming outreach & Internet)
- PC Computers (MyNWC, email, library, course-specific software, University of Wyoming outreach & Internet)