Campus Map  |   Directory  |   Calendar  |   News  |   Jobs  |   A-Z Index  |   Apply to NWC

Your future, our focus

Northwest College

Project Succeed

Transfer Information

Scholarships for Transfer Students

There usually are scholarships available for transfer students, and some departments at colleges and universities list their scholarship opportunities separately on their department web site. The easiest way to determine what is available is to go online to find scholarship information for each college or university you are interested in attending. In addition, you can contact their financial aid or scholarship office as well – remember to be friendly as they are very busy people who are quite important to you as you start this process! The Project Succeed Career and Transfer Coordinator can assist you with this process as needed.

There is, of course, the FAFSA web site you can use as a resource: - Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
This determines eligibility for Pell Grant, other federal and state grants, federal student and parent loans, and federal work study. Check with the university you will attend for the specifics on their federal financial aid programs.

There is a web site that provides a different approach: - A great site for planning a career, selecting a university, and finding resources to pay for your education.

There are other great sites available to search for scholarships. Be careful when using these sites – read carefully!

WUE (Western Undergrad Exchange) can be a transfer scholarship, so don't forget to check into that option.


Shannon Lusk
Career & Transfer Associate TRiO

Office: CH66B
Phone: 307.754.6293

Northwest College
Northwest College

© Northwest College | 231 West 6th Street | Powell, Wyoming, 82435 | 800.560.4692