Campus Map  |   Directory  |   Calendar  |   News  |   Jobs  |   A-Z Index  |   Apply to NWC

Your future, our focus

Northwest College

Project Succeed

Transfer Information

Transfer to the University of Wyoming

Students who plan to transfer from NWC to the University of Wyoming should be aware of a number of things that make the process a simple matter.

  1. Transfer Agreement for NWC Graduates: NWC graduates with an AA or AS will transfer to UW under a guaranteed agreement. The agreement states that NWC graduates will have met all of UW’s lower division general education requirements (called University Studies at UW) with the exception of a second math requirement. Students can complete the second mathematics course either at NWC or at the University. Students must take an upper division WC (writing course). Students may be required to take additional USP (University Studies Program) courses as requirements for their college and major.
  2. Course Numbering System is the Same: UW and all seven Wyoming Community Colleges use the same name and number for most equivalent transfer courses. Thus, English 1010 has same name and number at all 8 schools. To know which courses are equivalent, use the Transfer Guide (see below).
  3. Transfer Guide: The Transfer Guide lists all the courses that transfer from the seven Wyoming Community Colleges to UW. It lists equivalent courses and transfer courses. Equivalent courses have the same name and number at all eight institutions.

Transfer courses transfer to UW even though they may not be taught at all colleges or at UW. The Guide also lists all of UW’s general education requirements (University Studies Program) and which courses meet those requirements. All advisors and Registration & Records have copies of the Transfer Guide.

  1. No Limit on Number of Credit Hours That Transfer: There is no limit to the number of credits NWC students may transfer to UW; however, how these courses fulfill requirements specific to a UW program of study will be evaluated on a course-by-course basis.
  2. Transfer Agreement for Students Who Transfer without an AA or AS: Students who transfer with less than an AA or AS degree or with an occupational degree, or other associate degree, will have their transcript evaluated on a course-by-course basis based on the Transfer Guide. Such students will have to meet UW’s general education requirements, i.e. complete NWC courses that meet UW’s University Studies requirement. Students should notify their advisor if they plan to transfer to UW without completing an AA or AS.

UW’s University Studies courses can be found at

Bev Bell, the UW Outreach School Academic Coordinator, works closely with the Career and Transfer Coordinator and with Project Succeed students who are transferring to the University of Wyoming. She is an excellent resource for transfer questions or concerns.


Shannon Lusk
Career & Transfer Associate TRiO

Office: CH66B
Phone: 307.754.6293

Northwest College
Northwest College

© Northwest College | 231 West 6th Street | Powell, Wyoming, 82435 | 800.560.4692