Why Become an Engineer?
- Northwest is structured to be a much better introductory learning environment than you will find in the first two years of a four-year college or university.
- Northwest's classes are designed to help you build a strong engineering foundation and are taught with personal attention to ensure this.
Astrid Northrup coordinates the
Northwest College Engineering Program
- Northwest College specializes in teaching freshmen and sophomores. There are no upper-class and graduate-level priorities, no student or graduate teaching assistants.
- Personal help is available from faculty, free tutors, a math drop-in tutoring lab, and student study groups.
- Math classes have 25 students or less, not 100 as found at many universities. Engineering classes average less than 20 students.
- Northwest offers complementary opportunities to Engineering, such as Drafting, CAD, Mathematics, Chemistry, Geology, and Physics.
- Northwest College is great value!
- Northwest College helps you build the foundation that will prepare you to choose excellence and succeed in your bachelor's degree institution.
Sonja Sheets was unsure whether she wanted to enter a drafting or engineering program. She took courses in both and decided that drafting was her love
"Our small class size makes learning easier and the professors are always willing to help with problems. The value of the education I received here, compared to the cost, beats any major university. I am glad I chose Northwest!"